Stop iTunes from Starting Automatically
When iPhone Plugged In
Go into iTunes. Click on the device that's currently connected. Go to the Summary Tab and UNCHECK the box that says open iTunes when this device is connected.
iPhone or iPod Not Detected in Windows 10
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Open “Control Panel“.
- Select “Hardware and Sound“.
- Select “Devices and Printers“.
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the “Unspecified” section. Right-click it and select “Properties“.
Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Select the “Hardware” tab, then click the “Properties” button.
- From the “General” tab, select the “Change settings” button.
- Select the “Driver” tab, then select “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“.
- Select “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you don’t have this folder, check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“.
- Click “Next” > “Close“.
Thanks to TechniPages.
iPod Classic Not Being Seen In iTunes (2016)
The short answer is you cannot as the Classic is not supported by the latest version of iTunes.
HOWTO: Add Songs To The iPhone
- Select your device.
- Click "On this Device."
- Then choose "Add to" in the upper right corner.
- Click and drag the album or song to the right-hand window.
- Click "Done".
- Click "Library".
- Click the EJECT circle on the button next to the name of the Iphone.
- Close ITunes.
Thanks (well, if it was easier I wouldn't have had to go to) - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1535