iPhone or iPod Not Detected in Windows 10
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Open “Control Panel“.
- Select “Hardware and Sound“.
- Select “Devices and Printers“.
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the “Unspecified” section. Right-click it and select “Properties“.
Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Select the “Hardware” tab, then click the “Properties” button.
- From the “General” tab, select the “Change settings” button.
- Select the “Driver” tab, then select “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“.
- Select “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you don’t have this folder, check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“.
- Click “Next” > “Close“.
Thanks to TechniPages.
iPod Classic Not Being Seen In iTunes (2016)
The short answer is you cannot as the Classic is not supported by the latest version of iTunes.
HOWTO: Add Songs To The iPhone
- Select your device.
- Click "On this Device."
- Then choose "Add to" in the upper right corner.
- Click and drag the album or song to the right-hand window.
- Click "Done".
- Click "Library".
- Click the EJECT circle on the button next to the name of the Iphone.
- Close ITunes.
Thanks (well, if it was easier I wouldn't have had to go to) - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1535