- 1 Register Product
- 2 Care Packs
- 3 Laptops
- 4 Printers
- 5 Desktops
- 6 MicroServers
- 7 Wake-On-LAN (WOL)
- 8 Wake-On-LAN BIOS Settings
- 9 Windows Software Intel Drivers
HP EliteBook 2170p
BIOS: press the ESC key at start up when the "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" appears.
HP Pavilion Notebook BIOS
"I am trying to set a BIOS password for my own security now when I press F10 it tell me to enter administrative password which I don't know but when I enter the wrong password three times it shows the code 73748251."
Enter the code 62620897
HP Cheap Laptop for Linux
HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
3 Flashes = Memory Fault
HP Stream Notebook 13-c100na (ENERGY STAR)
HP Envy 4527 - Scanning In Windows
Printing In Linux
Hewlett Packard provides fairly good support for its printers and all-in-ones through HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP) and HP Linux Printing and Imaging - ghostscript IJS driver (HPIJS).
Officejet Pro X476dw MFP
Under Windows 8
If you are bypassing the Metro interface you will need to create shortcuts to HP's utilities for the printer.
To add a shortcut to the HP scanning utility navigate to the following location and file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP\bin\HPScan.exe
Right click and drag it to a suitable location then create a shortcut.
HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
How to Restore Windows from the HP Recovery Partition
THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA FROM THE HARD DISK
- Boot to Windows
- Log in as Administrator
- Start > Computer > Right-click > Manage
- Storage > Disk Management
- Right click on the System Recovery Partition (HP_RECOVERY) and click "Mark Partition as Active"
- Accept the Warning
- Shut down and Power Off Computer
- Power on and wait for the HP Recovery Tool to load
- Choose "System Recovery"
- Choose "Recover without backing up your files" > Next > OK
- Wait for about 20 minutes
- Restart in to Windows
Restore ISO Disc Images
While normally just referred to as 'Microserver' the full name of the first generation is 'ProLiant MicroServer G7' and to date there have been three distinct models produced:
- N36L - AMD Athlon II Neo (1.3 GHz) Dual Core - 1x1GB ECC - PSU 200W (N36L), 150W (non-redundant)
- N40L - AMD Turion II Neo (1.5 GHz) Dual Core - 1x2GB ECC - PSU 150W (non-redundant)
- N54L - AMD Turion II Neo (2.2 GHz) Dual Core - 1x2GB or 1x4GB ECC - PSU 150W (non-redundant)
The G7 was eventually replaced by the cleverly named HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 range.
- Intel Celeron G1610T (2.3Hz/2-core/2MB/35W)
- Intel Pentium G2020T (2.5GHz/2-core/3MB/35W)
- Intel Core i3-3240 (3.4GHz/2-core/3MB/65W)
- Intel Xeon E3-1220Lv2 (2.3GHz/2-core/3MB/17W) Processor
Fix for lmsensors AMI_BUFFER_LIMIT Bug
sudo nano /etc/sensors3.conf chip "power_meter-acpi-0" ignore power1
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen7 - BIOS
Press F10 to access the system BIOS
* net-misc/wakeonlan Available versions: 0.41-r1 Homepage: http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software/wakeonlan/ Description: Client for Wake-On-LAN
Usage wakeonlan [-h] [-v] [-i IP_address] [-p port] [-f file] [[hardware_address] ...] Options -h this information -v displays the script version -i ip_address set the destination IP address default: 255.255.255.255 (the limited broadcast address) -p port set the destination port default: 9 (the discard port) -f file uses file as a source of hardware addresses
/usr/bin/wakeonlan -i 192.168.0.61 -p 9 A0:B3:CC:FC:50:F0 wakeonlan -f /root/misc/wakeonlan1.txt
Wake-On-LAN BIOS Settings
NOTE: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for the network card and motherboard chipset. If that does not cure any issues then check if there is a BIOS upgrade available.
6000 Pro / 6200 Pro
Settings in BIOS to enable Wake On LAN
Press F10 to enter BIOS
Section of BIOS:
Security --> Network Boot --> Enable
Power --> Hardware Management --> S5 Maximum Power Savings --> Disabled
Advanced --> Power-On Options --> Remote Wakeup Boot Source --> Remote Server
Press F10 to enter BIOS
Section of BIOS:
Power --> S5 Maximum Power Savings --> Disable
Power --> WOL in S5 --> Disable
Windows Software Intel Drivers
Install the latest Intel Drivers for the network card, and in Device Manager, tick...
- Wake On LAN
- Wake On Something Packet