- 1 Error Logs
- 2 Office 365
- 3 Custom Dictionary
- 4 Autorecovery
- 5 2013 - How to remove cloud features from Office 2013
- 6 HOWTO: DISABLE:
- 7 HOWTO: Save Settings: 2007 >
- 8 HOWTO - Change The Product Key
- 9 Office 2010 - 32-bit vs. 64-bit
- 10 Office 2010 - Language Packs: Download
- 11 Office Live Add-in Sign-in Has Stopped Working
- 12 HOWTO: FIX ERRORS
Microsoft Office does not create log files, but keeps all events in Windows event logs system instead.
If the version of Microsoft Office you are using is 2010 or 2013, you should do the following steps:
- In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
- Start Event Viewer.
- In the list of event logs, select Application.
- Choose Microsoft > Office Logs.
- On the View menu, click Filter.
- In the Event source list, select VSTO 4.0.
- For installation events, in the Event ID box, type 4096.
- Click OK to see the filtered view.
If you are using Microsoft Office 2007, you can also find MS Office journals in Windows event logs. Not in Application log, but in two separate log categories: Microsoft Office Diagnostics and Microsoft Office Sessions.
Transfer Licence To New System
Uninstall Office 365 Installed Via The Windows Store
Method One: Go to Settings - Apps - Apps & features - Microsoft Office Desktop Apps - Uninstall.
Method Two: From a PowerShell command line.
(Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop).Dependencies | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop | Remove-AppxPackage"
An error will typically be displayed if everything has already been removed.
To verify removal, the following command should return nothing.
(Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop).Dependencies
In the designated recovery folder the autosaved file are marked with the extension .asd
.asd appears to be the default for all Office documents regardless of type, so you will need to right click and open with the appropriate programme.
2013 - How to remove cloud features from Office 2013
Backstage View (Start Screen) 2013 & 2016
- Open Word and select a blank document
- File | Options | General | Start up Options
- Un-tick 'Show the Start screen when this application starts
- Click the 'OK' button
Thanks to AskVG.com
All Packages - Registry Fixes
Create a new DWORD DisableBootToOfficeStart in right-side pane setting its value to 1
Typing Animation 2013 & 2016
Office 2013 is the first release to use hardware acceleration throughout the user experience to deliver beautiful, fluid animations. But if you use your computer without a display or just prefer to block unnecessary animations, you have the choice to turn them off.
1.Open the Ease of Access Center, either by pressing the Windows logo key + U or from the start menu by typing 'Ease of Access Center'.
2.Then --> 'Explore all settings' --> 'Use the computer without a display'
3.Under the section heading 'Adjust time limits and flashing visuals', check the box next to 'Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)'.
HOWTO: Save Settings: 2007 >
The short answer is with difficulty... Microsoft in their wisdom decided to discontinue the 'Save My Settings' widget available in some previous versions of Office.
To save the settings in 2007 you now have to back up multiple files in multiple locations.
HOWTO - Change The Product Key
Office 2010 - 32-bit vs. 64-bit
The 64-bit version of Office 2010 is generally recommended for those users who will work with files that are 4Gb or larger in size. Many of the add ins for Office 2010 have only been designed to work with the 32-bit version.
Office 2010 - Language Packs: Download
These appear to have been discontinued, but links to download full working versions can be found here. They appear to be full working versions, but whether Microsoft/Digital River are actually giving them away is a different matter, so download at your own risk.
Office Live Add-in Sign-in Has Stopped Working
HOWTO: FIX ERRORS
Startup Error 2013
'Office Program' could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable.
- Control Panel
- System (Windows XP) or
- Advanced system settings (Windows Vista & 7)
- Advanced tab
- Environmental variables
- Under 'System variables' see if there is an entry 'DEFAULT_CA_NR' with the value 'CA18', if there is not add it
- Reboot and test.
If that does not cure the issue:
- In the user profile affected create a new temp folder (call it Temp1):
- Then follow steps 1 through 5 above
- Under User Variables alter the paths for TMP and TEMP to the new folder
- Reboot and test