- 1 Introduction
- 2 Devices
- 3 Google Assistant
- 4 Philips Hue Lighting
- 5 Support
- 6 Installation in Linux
Logitech Harmony is a home automation platform created by Logitech. The platform consists of universal remote controls, an iOS + Android app and a hub. Devices that can be controlled with Harmony include TV's, cable boxes, game consoles, smart lights, smart thermostats, smart locks and other connected devices with Wi-Fi.
Logitech Harmony Hub
- Reset the Hub by holding the RESET button in as you plug in the power, until the light on the front starts to flash red quickly. Then let go of the RESET button and wait until the light on the front goes solid red.
- Pair the Hub by pressing the RESET button and the red light on the front will flash red slowly
- Install the Smartphone App
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on
- Start the App and choose SET UP NEW HUB
- Watch the animation, then press the < button and wait for the WiFi setup screen
- The Hub will join the WiFi network and then begin the SETUP process
- Press ADD DEVICES and choose ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE then add your TV and Surround Sound Amp etc.
- Follow the SETUP process to the end and then test
Google Assistant Integration
Logitech Harmony Companion Remote
This is automatically configured (as the last step) when you finish the Hub set up process using the Smartphone App. You can then choose which buttons to assign to the 'Activities' on the Hub. Superb.
Customise Remote Control Buttons
Logitech Harmony Touch
Adding Extra Remote Controls
Philips Hue Lighting
Installation in Linux
Alas, the instructions on these pages no longer work :-( Maybe one day Logitech will support Linux.